Politics Canada

April, 2011

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

PASSED: Speech From The Throne

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Justin Walker (Lib)
Liberal
Liberal

PostSubject: PASSED: Speech From The Throne   Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:44 pm

Speech From The Throne

Mr. Speaker, Honourable Members of the Housre of Commons, Ladies and Gentlemen:

I would like to welcome you to the first session of the 29th. Parlament of the Canada.

What I see before me now is a fine sight indeed. A Legislative Assembly, duly elected by the people to enact legislation, with three caucuses to hold eachother to account serving the interests of the people. Even though the self-government act has not been assented to, let me assure you that my Government will be in discussion with the Federal Government about self-government for the Yukon.

Provincehood may seem far away now that we have to negotiate for self-government, but my Government believes that once we demonstrate our worthiness, provincehood will be possible. To this end, my Government will be focusing on legislative efficiency, and I hope for your support and cooperation in this matter. Also, my Government will look which powers would be more efficiently executed on the territorial scale and work at getting them to the Yukon, as a way to provincehood.

We face an economic situation which is quite demanding: we have a large rural area, but 40% lives in the city of Whitehorse. My Government will work on prosperity for both of these areas. For economical development in Whitehorse, my Government will create a Yukon Investment Board to attract investment and enterprise to our province, and work on infrastructure to make Whitehorse the centre of our Territory's economy. This will also be beneficial for rural Yukon.

To aid mainly the Rural areas, my Government will create a Yukon Tourist Board to make the natural and cultural riches of our province's landscape and people an enduring resource for prosperity. My Government will also work on achieving control of the Yukon's natural resources, which made the Yukon prosperous, from the Federal Government.

My Government would like to reaffirm that it is a Government of all the Yukon, not just the whites. My Government therefore reaffirms its firm support of Aboriginal Rights, and will continue their autonomous status and rich cultural heritage. Also, my Government will watch over the preservation of our natural and cultural heritage with a keen eye.

My Government considers the maintenance of public services to be amongst its most important duties. Therefore, my Government will duly modernise existing public service centres throughout the province, and will build new service centres where needed. My Government believes this will minimise costs but maximise the effect of our public services.

The degree of self-governance the Yukon has now obtained demands more caution of its Government, and my Government understands that. Therefore, with your aid, cooperation and support, my Government will endeavour to keep bureacracy, intransparency and injustice out of the Yukon that is now governed by accountability, transparency and democracy. My Government would like to announce it will be a listening ear to the people, and encourages you to follow its example.

The people of the Yukon have mandated my Government with their votes to be the first Government into this new era for the Yukon. My Government understands their needs, and will hear them as well as the Opposition. The task given to my Government is one that is not easy, and my Government will not pretend it is.

But your task, Honourable Members of the Assembly, is a very demanding one. You bear on your shoulders the weight of the voice of your constituents, which you should echo. I hope you will execute your tasks with all diligence and sincerity. Know that I pray the blessings of the Almighty may rest upon your counsels.

In our Sovereign's name, I thank you,
God Save the Queen and Canada.

Leader of the Liberal Party of Canada (2008-)
MP For Toronto Centre (2000-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PASSED: Speech From The Throne   Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:13 pm

Party Leaders may now Reply to the speech
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://politicscanada.forumotions.net
Todd Freemen (PC)
PC
PC

PostSubject: Re: PASSED: Speech From The Throne   Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:22 pm

Mr. Speaker,
As the New Leader of the Oppostion, it is my honer to give our side of this debate.
But before I get there I would like to say Congrats to everyone here tonight for there victorys last election.

Now to the issues at hand this speech dose not deal with tax issues so my question would be what dose the government plan to do on this issue ? There are some good things that the government plans to do now where do they hope to get the money for all of it ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PASSED: Speech From The Throne   Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:35 pm

Please Vote Yea or Nay !
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://politicscanada.forumotions.net

PostSubject: Re: PASSED: Speech From The Throne   Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:15 pm

nay
Back to top Go down
Justin Walker (Lib)
Liberal
Liberal

PostSubject: Re: PASSED: Speech From The Throne   Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:53 pm

Yea

Leader of the Liberal Party of Canada (2008-)
MP For Toronto Centre (2000-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Todd Freemen (PC)
PC
PC

PostSubject: Re: PASSED: Speech From The Throne   Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:59 pm

Nay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin